Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Rustic wedding: Mirjam and Rok

Hi everyone!

This is a post that I was wishing to publish for a long time. My first official "work" as Wedding planner!
When my sister in law got engaged and asked me for help, I got very excited. I could design and craft a lot of things on my own wedding, but there is a lot to details that you cannot handle because you are the bride and you just don't have the time or moment. At Mirjam's I could really challenge myself. Together with my husband (who happens to be one of the best graphic designers in Slovenia and a great teacher for me), we designed the wedding invitations. Then I continued by myself to make the wedding menus, wedding guides, seating plan, rice cones, boutonnieres, labels for gifts and table decoration... Here you have the result.
I don't have a photo of the invitation yet, which is a story by itself (it was a radio show!!), but I will share it soon enough.

As a surprise for the bride and groom, we decorated the way to their ceremony with instant photos of their relationship, so they would remember all that beautiful moments that lead them to that they on their last steps as boyfriend and girlfriend. Hanging between the photos were some markers, so people could write their wishes to the couple on them. 


The cones for the rice were made in kraft paper and decorated with the same stamps that we use to decorate the invitations. 


The venue of the wedding was the Touristic farm Dular, near Brežice. The place is just perfect for a rustic wedding. The service is really nice and the food delicious. I must thank Barbara from here, the woman in charge, that was very open to all of my requests.



The boutonnieres were done in a day of family crafting. They are made of rosemary, lavanda, thyme and an unknown herb that my mother in law had at the entrance and gave a beautiful silver touch. The smell was so inspiring...





At the door of the restaurant I placed an old wooden ladder with the seating plan. I framed every table on a different frame. 










The restaurante decoration was pretty simple. I used jars decorated with burlap and lace to hold candles. I made two table runners out of burlap and lace stripes with the R and M from the bride and the groom. I used old vinils as table numbers and we put one-use cameras on every table, so the guests could go crazy and make funny pictures. The decoration was completed with pink and lila hydrangeas, the bride's favourites, that we picked from the mother's garden. 


On their place, every guest had a hand fan with their names and a dedicated quote that the bride&groom chose specially for them. The other side of the hand fan gave the information of the menu. That violet-green hearth that you see, is made one by one with their fingerprints. It was a 3 in 1, menu, seating point and fan (It was the middle of july and it was very hot)
Behind the fan, you can se the Wedding guide, a small help to know every detail that was prepared for them, so everyone could enjoy the day 100%.
On the left, over a hydrangea's leaf, the honey jar that every guest got as a present to take home. 







The amazing photos were by Dejan Bulut, an awesome photographer that made the day really funny. You can see the more from their wedding HERE

Wasn't a beautiful wedding? And unbelievable cheap!

All photos belong to Dejan Bulut (under copyright)




1 comment:

  1. Simply incredible!!!

    Ole ole y ole!!!

    I have no words!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with us