Monday, January 20, 2014

My little one's baptism

Since my baby was born, he is the main reason of my abscence in the internet world most of the time and, besides of Christmas, he is of course the reason behind my long pause from my last post.
I had an important event to prepare!
Last saturday we baptised Bran. When you are organizing an event when you need to be in the front line (your own wedding or, in this case, the baptism of your own child) it is very difficult to find time to prepare and decorate the celebration place yourself. If you are even hosting guests from out of the country, as it was also in our case, this complicates things much more.
The Godfather and Godmother of Bran are two friends from Spain, who travelled over the weekend to make us that honor. They stayd at our place, so they could spend the most time with their Godson.
We were also very tight with the budget, and as anyone from my family was able to travel, we decided to keep it intimate and celebrate it with a lunch at my parents in law house. But, that doesn't mean that there was no room for details!

The candle that you will see in one of the photos was a creation of mine. When I saw the prices for the baptism candles... hello!? 25 euros? Are we crazy? For a candle that, frankly, did not inspired me a lot. So I decided to buy exactly the same candle without anything on it for 1,75 euros and decorate it myself. Final cost, 2 Euros, and I love the result!

I decided to spoil my guests with a small sweet buffet with tasty pastries from Slovenia and Spain. On the same table I settled a gift for all of them. In Spain (or at least in Galicia), baptism is celebrated almost as a small wedding, and the usual gift for every guest is a portrait of the baptised child on a silver frame. That can be quite pricey and traditional, so I decided to make something different using the inspiration that my baby gives me. I took a lot of photos to him (that is so much fun) and then I made a storybook playing with what his expressions inspired me. Whit that, I develope a scrapped book tittled "The extraordinary journeys of Bran". I had a lot of fun doing that, but to experiment the laughs of my guests was awesome. Sadly I don't have a lot of images to show about it for now. I will try to show you soon!
As a complement, I also prepared a special gift for the Godmother and Godfather, as you can see in the photos.
Our friend Miha Sagadin, who happens to be one of the promising photographers of Slovenia, was with us to make the amazing memories of that day that you are about to see.

It was a very special and fun day, at a small price.
If you don't have a big budget for your celebrations, you still can use your imagination to make it special. And if the imagination does not visit you, you can contact me for ideas! I am always glad to help! =)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with us